How to Get More TikTok Video Views
As one of the most popular and trending social media platforms, TikTok provides an excellent opportunity to have some fun and earn money while using it. The app allows you to create short-form videos on any topic and share them with its extensive and fast-growing base, averaging over a billion monthly active users.
Unlike most social media platforms, going viral on TikTok is relatively more manageable. Why? The algorithms do not show your video based primarily on your followers. Instead, you can make an exciting video and share it on the platform to reach a wider audience of viewers and go viral. What is more, even when you repost TikTok videos to other social media channels, you can still attract viewers to your account and get more TikTok video views.
Nonetheless, staying on top isn’t easy; you’ll have to be consistent to keep the views coming, right?
Why Bother About Getting More TikTok Video Views?
If you're new to TikTok and you plan to use this video-sharing platform for fun, it's more likely that you simply want to watch cool videos or create your video content without thinking about getting more video views.
But if you use TikTok to grow your influence as an opinion leader or market your products as a business owner, here are several reasons why TikTok users bother about the video view count:
- Earn money: TikTok views can be monetized, allowing you to convert your fun into income-generating endeavors. TikTokers make a fortune on the app, and since you don’t have to quit your primary job, spicing up your videos for more views is a great chance to pocket some extra cash on the side.
- Attract followers: The number of TikTok downloads is growing which means yFollowers give you an opportunity for more views within a shorter time. This is not to mention its impact on your credibility, especially if you are working to become more influential. The more followers you get, the higher the chances of landing better deals from brands. If you want to sell your merchandise, it is also a great strategy as you’ll get more eyeballs on what you are marketing.
- Increase engagement: The main part of any social media platform is engagement. Those impressions can motivate you to keep creating. Your creativity won’t take a blow as you gain more views, inspiring confidence and encouraging you to keep going.
Now that you know the importance of getting more TikTok video views, it's high time to get into the topic and learn about the term of video views and other things related to the topic. Let's dive in!
About TikTok Views in Brief
With the popularity of video content, when the majority of internet users prefer watching videos online, businesses and influencers invest time and effort into creating eye-catching videos. However, uploading a video means nothing unless you have an audience of viewers who can generate "views" for your content.
When it comes to TikTok, the question is: How does TikTok measure “views”? To give you an understanding of the term "TikTok video views", here are several questions and answers to them:
- What counts as views on TikTok? Unlike many channels, what counts as a view on TikTok is straightforward. A millisecond of playtime is a view, and if a user watches the video more than once, each time counts. This means even those auto-plays are views. It is a simplified approach that makes generating more views easier than other platforms.
- How long does it take for a TikTok to get views? Once you upload a video, it takes, on average, five minutes to start getting views. Nonetheless, this is if your videos don’t violate any of TikTok’s policies. In some instances, you may get shadow banned, which means your posts won’t be readily available for viewing. As such, understanding the policies and hacks to get unshadowbanned on TikTok is crucial as you strive to keep your videos’ performance high. Simple measures such as uninstalling and re-installing the app may be all it takes to deal with the ban and get views rolling within a few minutes after uploading a video.
- How much will TikTok pay you for views? Accumulating views on TikTok is much easier, but the pay isn’t so high that you’ll be building your dream mansion in a short while. TikTok pay averages 2-4 cents for 1000 views. Nonetheless, this isn’t the only way to earn money on the platform. You can explore other options, such as selling your merchandise, affiliate marketing, brand sponsorships, and gifts from viewers, to name a few options.
Once you become famous on TikTok, making money is a lot easier. The getting famous part isn’t a cakewalk, though. You can make a video, go viral, and generate millions of views, but the next may not perform as well, meaning your earnings may not hit the upward trajectory you expect.
Here are a few pointers to help you become famous and get more TikTok video views – consistently.
1. Keep Up with TikTok Trends
The modern, fast-paced digital arena is all about trends. Keeping up with the trends gives you an edge since you’ll be a part of the conversation.
What was trending a few days back may not be as good today. That’s among the top reasons those viral videos don’t stay up too long. You must keep creating fresh videos in line with the trending stories to win more engagements and grow a loyal following.
To give you an idea of what can work well, you can check out the TikTok trends thread where users share popular video ideas and watch those videos.
2. Make Eye-Catching Videos
Are users attracted to your videos or do they only see them by chance? Eye-catching videos give you an edge since you’ll bring more viewers, capture the users’ interests, and prompt them to watch.
Check out TikTok video templates if you have difficulty spicing up your videos. The more enticing the videos look, the higher chances you’ll capture the users’ eyes, tip their interest in your favor, and win more views.
Or you can also follow popular TikTok influencers on the platform and learn from them. These users know how to grab the attention of viewers who quickly lose interest in watching similar content. Check out an example of an eye-catching video from one TikToker:
3. Include Closed Captions
Closed captions are among the easily overlooked yet critical aspects that can help you get more TikTok video views. For starters, the captions expand your viewers’ base since you’ll cover more people, including those with hearing challenges. Moreover, people may watch the videos in sound-sensitive areas since the captions mean the engagement doesn’t necessarily require audio output.
Here's an example of this strategy in action:
Once you add text to videos, it makes them more memorable since they highlight and emphasize the main points. This makes it easier for users to remember your videos, helping you build lasting relationships and enjoy more engagements. The best part? The captions make it easier for the TikTok algorithms to learn more about the videos’ content, further improving their performance.
4. Use Trending Sounds
You know that sound that gets stuck in your mind, and whenever you hear it, remember something? That’s the power you get once you include those trending sounds in your TikTok videos. They become more engaging and memorable, increasing your views and making it easier to win more followers. The sound can also help your video go viral with more shares and engagements.
To find trending sounds, you can check out the TikTok website and add your target location to find out what's trending now. That's easy and handy!
5. Add Relevant Hashtags
Hashtags help users find your content, especially those that aren’t already following you. Moreover, the hashtags influence how TikTok’s algorithm distributes your content. The algorithms consider the hashtags as they categorize and promote the videos to certain user bases.
Let's take Starbucks drinks, for example. Once you have interest in this hashtag, you can find thousands of videos with ease!
Using relevant hashtags allows you to gain more followers and views since you’ll reach the right audience. The best part is that the hashtags make building a community easier. This is especially with brand-specific hashtags followers can use to create more videos related to your brand or products.
6. Co-Promote with Influencers or Brands
Leveraging influencers’ reach allows you to tap into an extensive TikTok user base. This can help you quickly become famous and start generating more views. Working with a brand also opens up more opportunities while improving your income streams on the platform. Users interested in the brand will discover your content. This is while you help the brand reach more users from your network who may be interested in what they offer.
To begin with, you can create duet videos, as in the example below:
Co-promoting with influencers or brands is a win-win situation. Nonetheless, it is important that you diligently consider who you co-promote, especially considering their reputation. If their reputation is tainted, it is likely to leak to you due to the association. Picking brands that align with your niche is also recommended, allowing you to avoid conflicting videos that may not appeal to your followers.
7. Give TikTok Ads a Try
Becoming famous on TikTok may not happen as fast as you’d like. How about trying the ads? The promotion aspect helps you get discovered by more users and improves your chances of gaining more followers and more TikTok views.
You can even use the ads to guide more users to your website, a great opportunity for brands to market their offerings.
Moreover, you can focus on the right ad objective when setting up your ad campaign. Hint: get more people to watch your video content!
Spending a few bucks to generate more interest is worth the investment, especially since you’ll be tapping into TikTok’s extensive user base. Going where the customers are; that’s the goal marketers strive to hit, which you can achieve with TikTok’s ads.
The Bottom Line
TikTok boasts over a billion active users across the globe, making it one of the most popular social media platforms. Whether in it for fun or looking to pocket money, you can scale up your performance and enjoy a productive experience with the right strategies. Making videos is exciting, and while it may take a moment to get many views, the fun and potential income are worth the work. TikTok isn’t overly saturated; you can still curve your path on the platform and start earning desirable income while having fun. Follow the above pointers as you get started, and you’ll find the process much more manageable.